Oops! There was a problem.
Lee is the founder and main coordinator of Lee Merrien Running and as well as active coach and former International runner.
Since his graduation from the University of Bath in 2004 Lee has been actively worked in the fitness industry, although he has been involved in athletics and running since he was very young and actively in coaching for over 15 years.
As an athlete Lee has represented Guernsey, England & Great Britain on numerous occasions. After starting out as middle distance track runner he progressed to the longer distances and ultimately found his calling at the marathon as well as successful cross country seasons too.
Lee finished as the 1st British runner at both the 2011 & 2012 Virgin London Marathons and in so doing winning the Jim Peters Trophy. The latter was in a personal best time of 2 hours 13 minutes 41 seconds and was subsequently selected for the Breat Britain team at the 2012 London Olympic Games where he finished in 30th place.
In terms of coaching & group training Lee's Running Groups have been in operation since 2008. Although Lee has been coaching and helping athletes from school ages as well complete beginners through to elite level standard during his time in the sport.
- HND in Coach Education & Sports Performance (University of Bath)
- UK Athletics Qualified Coach
- NASM Performance Enhancement Specialist
- Sports Coach UK Coachng Young Performers
Some coaching highlights & info:
- Experience of working with runners from complete beginners to elite level.
- Worked closely with runners over 800m (1.51 for men & 2.08 for women) 5000m (16.31 for women) as well as the Marathon (2hr 30 for men) at a higher level (to name a few) to first timer runners and experienced runners of all levels over 5km through to the full marathon.
- Experience leading group sessions at club level and through Lee Merrien Running group sessions.
- Has coached a wide range of abilities on a one to one basis (both men and women). .
- 30th in 2012 London Olympic Games Marathon
- 8th at the 2010 European Championship Marathon
- 22nd at the 2011 World Championships Marathon
- First Britan at 2011 & 2012 Vigin London Marathons
- Represented Great Britain at Cross Country at 2009 World XC, 2008 Euro XC
- Four time Guernsey Commonwealth Games representative 2002, 2006, 2010 & 2018.
- 9 times Island Games Gold Medalist
- PB time of 2:13:41 at Marathon distance as well as being a Sub 4 minute miler.
- Guernsey Island record holder for 1500m, the Mile, 3000m, 5000m, 10,000m, Half Marathon & Marathon