Oops! There was a problem.
Lee is the founder and main coordinator of the Lee Merrien Running Groups as well as being a current International standard runner.
Since his graduation from the University of Bath in 2004 Lee has been actively working in the fitness industry, although he has been involved in athletics and running since he was very young and actively coaching for 10 plus years.
As an athlete Lee has represented England & Great Britain on numerous occassions and has also competed for Guernsey in three Commonwealth Games. After starting out as middle distance runner he progressed to the longer track distances, in recent years shifting his focus towards the marathon. Lee finished as the 1st British runner at both the 2011 & 2012 Virgin London Marathons, the latter in a personal best time of 2 hours 13 minutes 41 seconds and was subsequently selected for the Breat Britain team at the 2012 London Olympic Games. He was again the 1st British finisher in the marathon in 30th place overall.
In terms of coaching & group training Lee's Running Groups have been in operation since 2008. Although Lee has been coaching and helping athletes from complete beginners to elite standard for the past 10 years.
- HND in Coach Education & Sports Performance (University of Bath)
- UK Athletics Qualified Coach
- NASM Performance Enhancement Specialist
- Sports Coach UK Coachng Young Performers
- Experience of working with runners from complete beginners to elite level.
- Worked closely with runners over 800m (1.51 for men & 2.08 for women) 5000m (16.31 for women) as well as the Marathon (2hr 30 for men) at a higher level (to name a few) to first timer runners and experienced runners of all levels over 5km through to the full marathon.
- Currently coaching 2 National Championship standard athletes, one of whom has Commonwealth Games Representative.
- Experience leading group sessions at club level and through Lee Merrien Running group sessions.
- Has coached a wide range of abilities on a one to one basis (both men and women) for the past 10 years.
- Lee also looks after the senior endurance coaching at the Guernsey Athletics Club.
- 30th in 2012 London Olympic Games Marathon
- 8th at the 2010 European Championship Marathon
- 22nd at the 2011 World Championships Marathon
- First Britan at 2011 & 2012 Vigin London Marathons
- Represented Great Britain at Cross Country at 2009 World XC, 2008 Euro XC
- Three times Guernsey Commonwealth Games representative 2002, 2006, 2010
- 9 times Island Games Gold Medalist
- PB time of 2:13:41 at Marathon distance as well as a Sub 4 minute miler
- Guernsey Island record holder for 1500m, the Mile, 3000m, 5000m, 10,000m, Half Marathon & Marathon